Huami have officially launched the Amazfit Bip. This new watch is the perfect merger between smart bands and smart watches: it is a smart watch for sports. It has just been released in four different colors and four straps which you can replace with different ones if you want to buy others: it is very easy to remove them.
The Amazfit Bip is equipped with the IP68 standard which makes it fully waterproof. So you can use it under the rain or even when you swim because it can resist to 30m underwater. The watch has a color LCD display which shows info with a resolution of 176 x 176 pixels. It is a reflective panel which will allow you to save battery while it is in stand by, as it will still be able to show you what time is it. It has a heart rate sensor and a GPS + GLONASS module, as well as Bluetooth in the version 4.0, which can allow you to pair it with your phone.
The Amazfit Bip can also show notifications from the phone as every good smart watch. It has an accelerometer and a barometer sensor as well. Its battery has a capacity of just 190 mAh but it has an outstanding battery life. The watch can last 45 days of daily use if you set the brightness to 10 percent. It supports the monitoring for the following activities:
You can connect the watch to Android 4.4+ and iPhones 8+ phones.
Weight: Body 18g, with Strap 32g
Screen type: Transflective color display
Screen material: 2.5D Corning gorilla glass 3rd generation + AF coating
Screen Size: 1.28 inches
Waterproof and Dustproof: IP68 Rating *2
Strap: Length 11 + 8.5cm / width: 20mm
Sensors: PPG heart rate sensor, triaxial acceleration sensor, geomagnetic sensor, barometric pressure sensor
GPS: GPS + GLONASS dual mode positioning
Connection: Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
Battery: 190mAh lithium polymer
Charging time: 2.5 hours
Battery Life: 45 Days (time display, motion monitoring, sleep monitoring) – GPS continuous track record: 22 hours (time display, motion monitoring, sleep monitoring) GPS continuous use: 22 hours *1
Body material: Polycarbonate
Compatibility: Android 4.4, iOS 8 and above
*1 45 day (0.5 hour 1 run/week, 10% screen light, 100 message/day), up to 4 month (time, sleep track only)
*2 tested by SGS, 30min under 1.5m cool water, can not swim/dive/bath, or keep in room with vapor(hot water>40c)
- How do I view my activity and sleep data? Users can view recorded sports activities through the watch and Strava. Step and sleep data (current day and current week only) is also available through the watchface.
- Can I listen to music on the smartwatch? Yes. Users can transfer music files directly to the Pace running smartwatch.
- Can I connect to Bluetooth headphones? Yes. You can find steps here.
- Which third party integration does the app support? Strava. Users can sync walking, running, and cycling data through Strava.
- Does Pace have GPS? Yes.
More Pace FAQ’s can be found here.
- Simple Amazfit Pace Watchface Builder
- How to install new Watchface on Amazfit Pace
- Collection of Watchfaces for Amazfit Pace
- Apps you can sideload to Amazfit Pace
- Replacement ROM for Amazfit Paee (Chinese Edition)
- XDA Developers Amazfit Forum
All links offsite – some not in English